Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Julie - In Progress - 6" x 8" - Oil on Linen Panel

Julie - In Progress

Julie is one of seven small portraits I am painting for Francine,  a client and dear friend,  who lives in Caen, France.  The seven are her grandchildren. 

Francine was in Georgetown mid September and was thrilled with the results so far.  I have finished one, have three that are near completion and three more to attack!  All seven will be ready for her when she returns in May.

Working on such a small surface is interesting and challenging.  Telling the story concisely and at the same time revealing the personality - spirit of each child - is the task.  

 I have met these young people - and as I become intimately acquainted through the portrait process - found it exciting to pin point each aura, and to allow the aura to permeate the canvas.

If anyone has an interest - I am accepting commissions at this time.  

www.artigal@hotmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment